Can't install with my Apple Airport router
For Apple Airport/Airport Extreme troubleshooting, we suggest renaming the two frequencies. Here are the steps:
- Locate ‘AirPort Utility App’ (‘Finder -> Applications -> Utilities’), and open app.
- Click on router, enter router password (this is not necessarily the same password as the network).
- Click ‘edit’ in the dialog box that will pop up with network details after password is entered.
- Click on the ‘Wireless’ tab.
- Click below on ‘Wireless Options…’.
- Check the box for ‘5GHz network name:’ (note: this will add the suffix “5GHz” to the name of your existing network, allowing you to name your 5GHz network separately from the parallel 2.4GHz network).
- Delete the “5GHz” suffix from the network name, thus maintaining all existing wifi connections on a 5G network.
- Click ‘Save’
- In the box titled ‘Wireless Network Name’, add the suffix “2.4GHz” this will differentiate the network making it easier to add new devices.
- Click ‘Update’, router will restart and the new “2.4GHz” network name will be visible and accessible with the same password as the original network.
- Retry device setup.